Second Thoughts

I could not let the day end without some form of explanation regarding a blog entry I posted, and subsequently deleted, earlier today. I have been thinking for many hours as to how I can rectify the situation, and the truth is, I can’t. The first part of the blog related to a comment somebody had made Monday evening. At the end of a long and stressful day I reacted wrongly to it, voicing my opinion without giving readers the opportunity to understand the history of the person behind the comment. My comments were not intended as personal, although looking back I find it hard to justify that statement. My aim was to draw attention to the importance of diet in cancer prevention. I failed miserably. What I wrote was both wrong, and more importantly, hurtful to the person concerned. What makes it worse is that this person is a fellow cancer sufferer, unfortunately with a terminal diagnosis. I cannot excuse my comments, they were out of order. Not only did I offend the person concerned, but I fear other followers of my blog. I owe them an apology too. I hope by reading my blog you will have come to the conclusion that it was out of character. I should have taken the time to consider the implications of what I was saying. Had I done so, I have no doubt that I would have come to my senses and deleted the entry before it was ever published. I don’t want to draw attention to the incident any more than is necessary. The victim in this horrible episode has demonstrated just how wrong my comments were, and how strong he is, by accepting my unreserved apology. For my part, I’ve only brought shame on myself and cast a shadow over the immense courage people show when fighting this awful disease.

For the record, the second part of deleted blog entry continued as follows….

On a more cheerful note, even if only slightly more cheerful, my MRI scan proceeded as planned. It took rather longer than I was expecting, and required a bit more of my participation that I am used to. All in all it took about and hour and a half by the time I was ready to leave. The scan, or series of scans, required lots of periods of me holding my breath, from anything between 10 – 15 seconds. By the time you have done this a dozen times, 15 seconds seems like an eternity. All the instructions were given via headphones, you’re alone in the scanner, and the contrast dye was administered by machine. Not had this contrast before, and it was certainly strange, and a little uncomfortable when it was pumped into my body via the cannula in my arm. After one series of breath holding the next instructions came over the headphones to me…

‘the next part will take about 5 minutes’

Blimey, they don’t expect me to hold my breath for 5 minutes do they? Thankfully not, the next part of the scan would take 5 minutes, and I could breath normally. Phew !

During a short break in the middle of the scans, whilst the contrast dye was making it’s way to my liver, I enquired as to whether the scan had been marked as ‘urgent’?

A silence followed…

I added that I had an appointment with the specialist on Thursday, and wondered whether the results would be ready by then? They’re always careful not to give too much information away, but eventually the reply was ’yes’ the results would be ready either Tuesday or Wednesday. I think that answered my urgency question.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s